Vietnamese American Uniformed Services Association (VAUSA) Hội Quân Nhân Mỹ Gốc Việt 2016 VAUSA Fallen Heroes Scholarship Application
- Applicant must be enrolled full time or accepted into an accredited undergraduate college or university program.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicant must be of Vietnamese American or Vietnamese AmeriAsian descent.
- Applicant must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must provide a copy of the latest SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Applicant must be actively involved in a community service organization.
- Applicant must agree to have their name and photo published in the news media or website as a recipient of the VAUSA Fallen Heroes Scholarship Fund.
- Previous VAUSA scholarship recipients are not eligible for subsequent years scholarship.
- Submit a completed VAUSA Fallen Heroes Scholarship application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit one letter of recommendation from community service organization addressing the applicant’s community service leadership ability, contribution and involvement.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from academic teachers or professors addressing the applicant’s academic achievement and scholastic ability.
- Submit a copy of an acceptance or enrollment letter from an accredited undergraduate college or university.
6. Submit any other pertinent information upon requested by the scholarship committee.Awards
- The BEST applicant will receive the Corporal Binh N. Le’s scholarship for $10,000 over four years of undergraduate college/university (at $2,500 per year as long as he/she maintains a 3.0 GPA).
- Eleven (11) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to the remaining qualified applicants.
- One (1) $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to a VAUSA and Family of the Association (FOTA) Paid Member’s dependent.
- Applicants shall ensure that they have read, understand, and accept all application requirements.
- Applicants shall ensure that they submit a complete and accurate application before 15 August 2016 deadline.