VAUSA Fallen Heroes Scholarship
The VAUSA Fallen Heroes Scholarship’s vision is to honor the service and selfless devotion of the heroes who had given their ultimate sacrifice to protect the freedom and democracy of our great Nation. Our mission is to provide financial support to the scholarship recipients to achieve their academic objectives and to preserve the tradition of service of these fallen heroes within their community.
To apply, the applicant must be:
• Enrolled full time or accepted in an accredited undergraduate college.
• A United States Citizen or permanent resident.
• Maintaining a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
• Able to provide a copy of the SAT and/or ACT scores.
• Actively involved in the community.
• Agreed to have their name and photo published in the news media or website as a recipient of the VAUSA Fallen Heroes Scholarship.
The following items must be submitted to the Email address: . COMPLETED PACKETS ARE TO BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JUNE 20, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
• Application form (Attachment 1).
• Proof of citizenship.
• Proof of Gold Star Family (If applicable)
• A copy of an acceptance from an accredited undergraduate college or university.
• An official college or high school transcript. Certified and signed.
• Personal biography statement and resume includes, at a minimum, community service activities, awards and recognitions.
• Letters of recommendation. Must be an original copy with a signature.
One (1) from a community service organization and
One (1) from an academic teacher or professor.
• Essay: Choose three VAUSA core values and provide specific examples of how they apply to you as an individual and as a role model? (Limit to 750 words)
VAUSA Core Values:
There are total of fourteen (14) scholarships.
Fourteen (14) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to the applicants in the order of merit based on board scores.